Thursday, August 19, 2010

Soooo

So it has been well, let's say, a crazy few weeks.

I am now 9 weeks pregnant and normally at this time I am doing nothing but laying on the couch and throwing up every five minutes.

Well, that is how it started. I was feeling horrible; unable to move pretty much. Rob was such good help. He was taking care of the kids and me, helping wherever he could. I laid on the couch for over a week unable to do anything but make it to the bathroom. I am so lucky Rob is here, because at times I couldn't make it back from the bathroom without help. During that week I lost 15 pounds.

As the week went on I was looking pretty gnarly. In fact, I had this huge knot on the back of my head that I couldn't brush through. Rob gave me a bath on Sunday last week and put conditioner in my hair and tried to brush the knot out. But even with conditioner the knot stayed. It was pretty scary. Thats when Rob mentioned that maybe I should have my hair cut. And I began to think he was right.

Come Sunday night, I was really sick so Rob took me to the ER and I was given ZOFRAN. To all you pregnant ladies out there, if you have severe morning sickness this is the medicine for you. I have been able to get up and move around since Monday. I am still working on replenishing my fluids and getting myself back to normal. But I have cut my hair. I cut about 5 inches off, and yes, I got the knot out before I cutting it. It took 3 days of brushing, but it finally came out.

My house is still a work in progress. I am still trying to catch up on the things that were put on the back burner, but now that I have this medicine, I should be able to get it all done.

Oh, by the way, I have a few very cute pictures of some little boys playing football that I will be posting soon. Raef started practice this week and is doing great. It is so cute to see him run with his helmet on. Next week he will be wearing his pads and practice jersey. Brady starts flag football on Monday and he is totally excited. It is just a blast. Wish you all could see them play.

Well I hope everyone had fun at the anniversary party. Sorry we couldn't make it. Love you all.

Almost forgot, Kaylee has been hooked to my hip. She has been taking care of me and loving on me since we told them about the baby. She says its a girl. Brady says its twins, and Raef just wants a girl so Kaylee will leave him alone. Sounds like an older brother to me.







1 loving remarks:

Aim said...

awwww! poor girl! sounds like this pregnancy is sending you through the ringer. By now you're 10 weeks in and I'm 10 weeks away!! Ain't no way I'd be trading places with you either, those first couple months are a dosey.

On another note, your hair looks adorable! And that is so sweet that Rob is taking such good care of you. When I was really sick in the beginning Matt would wash my hair for me too (when it was all the way down my back). I looooved it. He still does it for me when he wants to spoil me. ;) I REALLY didn't want to cut it but the smell of soap makes me gag and by the time I'd get it all washed, I'd have to lay down for a while. Whatever though, it grows back. Plus I had more than enough to donate so that made it feel worth it.

Hope you are feeling more yourself these days. Are you going to find out what it is?!