Friday, March 12, 2010

Quick Update

Things have been a little busy here lately. I have been working everyday the last two weeks. Its been crazy. I have driven over 300 miles which is great because I get paid 50cents a mile. So the more driving the better. And its a great thing that we now have cell phones because I would still be trying to find my way home if I didn't have Allison (the Fabulous, the Incredible, the Wonderful *choose adjective of choice*) as my Navigator. She was talking to me telling, me where to go. It was awesome. She is way better than a GPS; she actually talks to me unlike the GPS, which does talk to me and tells me where to go, but gets me lost. I'm not saying Allison didn't send me the wrong way every now and then (she sooo didn't, it was just me giving her the wrong city for her to look up, I'm just saying that to make her mad).

So Rob has been a complete trooper with me working so much. I put Kaylee down for a nap with him around 11:30 and take Brady to school. Rob wakes up at 2:30 and picks up the kids. This whole time I'm driving around, checking out hotel and mobile home parks in cities from Dorr, all the way down to Benton Harbor. Next week I start training enumerators. Yep, you've read that correctly! I will be training new people to go to all the places I have been to enumerate. I personally never thought as someone who could train someone else but...whatever.

So we got a new kitchen table (finally) The table and chairs are covered with plastic so the kids cant ruin them. The last table we had was the one Mom got us when we first got married and it was on it's last leg, literally! Whenever we moved it, the leg would fall off. Also, recently, our kitchen sink was clogged really bad and one day I was bored and took apart the pipe and in return got sprayed by all the nasty water. I then went to Ace Hardware and got new pipes and fixed it up. I.Am.Awesome! Oh and we are almost done with the down stairs bathroom. We put up tile around the tub. I think it looks great for our first time.

Also, we got a new couch! My friend Crystal found out that we were selling our sectional and she said she wanted it so we sold it to her. For about a month we were sitting on our little loveseat. Yep, all five of us and we were cozy.

Raef has moved from regular spelling tests to challenge spelling tests. He has gotten 100% on both of them! We are so proud of him. And Brady is learning to read and constantly tells us the speed limit! Kaylee loves to sing her favorite song, "Hey, Hey, Hey".

(So this isn't really a "quick" update, Allison says, as she's proof reading this post as we speak)

1 loving remarks:

Jamie said...

I miss out chats, lovey :) I am so proud of you--I can't believe you fixed your pipes! YOU ROCK! I hope things go well with work and you guys get on your feet. I know the Lord will direct you and continue to bless you.